Thursday

Day 4

.


Every have a great beginning to a new school year?

One that confirms all you ever hoped about homeschooling?  A day that you and your children click along and you can almost hear their brain neurons firing.... And then you wake up the next morning and catch yourself thinking, "What! I have to do it all over again for the next ___ years!?!"

Or what about a day where everything falls apart?  Interruptions, missing book, tears....

Yesterday was hard.  The day started with my kindergartner crying when I had to wake him up.  "I'm too tired, I need to be in bed," he complained.  The day ended with a different child calling some difficult German work, "Stupid."  Not a word I take kindly to.  Not my favorite way to end the day.

But... no matter my failings as a teacher, nor my children's failings as their own independent persons, today is the day that matters.  I don't have to look ahead or behind.



Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions never fail.
 They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23



.

No comments:

Post a Comment