Wednesday

Mother Culture- The Ultimate Anti

I've borrowed the phrase Mother Culture from Karen Andreola's book, A Charlotte Mason Companion. I define Mother Culture simply as practicing a lifestyle that keeps my mind grounded in faith as well as lively and always learning.


I've attempted to cultivate Mother Culture in my life over the years in different ways; sometimes my children are involved, but usually not.


Recently, I decided to create a photographic week-by-week record of my yard- sheerly to entertain myself and to practice the art of noticing. Here are just a few of the shots.  What a difference a week can make!

Forsythia- week one

week two


Quince- week one


week two

Mother Culture- it's my anti-cranky, anti-boredom, and anti-future alzheimer medication.  No known side effects.  

It's what Works For Me on Wednesday , and any other day.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My family has been given the opportunity to participate in a community garden.  Each Monday I'll be posting updates on our grand veggie-experiment.  Join me at the Flexible Homeschooler with a link to your garden project and we'll have a virtual community garden to enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. SO COOL! It's funny how flowers can sneak up on you when you aren't looking.

    ReplyDelete